JCB is committed to protecting your personal information and complying with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). This policy describes how we collect, use, store and disclose your personal information.
JCB is made up of a group of related companies and affiliates. JCB Sales Limited is the lead data controller in respect of personal data processed under this policy. JCB Sales Limited’s company number is 0792807 and registered address is JCB World Headquarters, Lakeside Works, Rocester, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire ST14 5JP. JCB sells its products (JCB Products) through an independent network of authorised dealers (JCB Dealers). JCB also works with approved finance partners to deliver financing solutions to customers in relation to JCB Products (JCB Finance Partners).
This policy applies to any personal information provided by you through the JCB website (www.jcb.com) or provided to JCB by JCB Dealers or JCB Finance Partners.
Do we collect personal information about you?
JCB collects personal information about you to inform you about, and provide you with, JCB Products or services, to deal with any enquiries you may have about them and to improve and develop these for the future.
What personal information do we collect?
JCB collects the following types of personal information about you:
- Forename and surname
- Email address
- Company Name
- Details of the JCB Product you are interested in
How to we receive personal informational about you?
JCB receives this personal information about you:
- When you contact us directly or visit the JCB website (www.jcb.com) to request a brochure or a quote for a JCB Product or service or to make a general enquiry
- Where you have contacted a JCB Dealer or JCB Finance Partner in relation to acquiring a JCB Product. JCB may also receive this type of information from that JCB Dealer (or from IT systems that may be provided by JCB to the JCB Dealer) or JCB Finance Partner.
How do we use your personal information about you?
JCB uses this personal information about you:
- To identify who you are when you contact us.
- To provide you with the JCB Products or services you have requested and to understand what JCB Products you may be interested in.
- To contact you regarding your JCB Products to answer your technical queries or general enquiries or to administer warranty claims or product safety related communications.
- To improve JCB Products or services and to carry out customer surveys.
- To resolve complaints or issues you may have with a JCB Product or service.
- To send you marketing information about JCB Products or services.
- To invite you to JCB events you may be interested in.
How will we contact you?
JCB and its third party service providers (eg, marketing fulfilment agencies), JCB Dealers and JCB Finance Partners may contact you by post, telephone, email and/or text message, unless you have told us not to or have registered with the telephone or post preference services.
Who do we provide your personal information to?
JCB will provide your personal information to:
- The JCB group and the relevant JCB Dealer if you are acquiring or are interested in acquiring JCB Products or services or to benefit you for service support in relation to your JCB Products.
- The relevant JCB Finance Partners if you are acquiring or are interested in acquiring their products or services.
- Our service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as marketing fulfilment agencies or IT service providers.
Where we store your information
All personal information we have about you is stored on secure servers operated by JCB or its third party service providers. These third party service providers have access to your personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. JCB ensures that these third party service providers will only process your personal data in accordance with this policy and applicable Data Protection legislation.
Your personal information may be transferred to JCB offices operating in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or may be processed by JCB’s third party service providers based or operating outside the EEA. JCB will use appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance the Data Protection legislation in connection to such transfers or processing of your personal data outside the EEA.
Your personal information will be held in JCB’s customer relationship management systems for an indefinite period to manage our relationship with you. JCB will carry out periodic data cleanses of this information to ensure that it is up to date and accurate.
You have the following rights in connection with your personal information processed by JCB:
- ACCESS – You can request access to your personal information and further details about how your personal information is handled by JCB.
- OBJECT – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes or where the processing isn’t necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by JCB or by a third party.
- RECTIFICATION – You can request rectification of any incorrect personal data held about you.
- ERASURE – You can request erasure of any personal data where the processing isn’t necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by JCB or by a third party.
You have the right at any time to withdraw consent to receiving marketing from JCB and/or to amend the delivery method we use. To manage your rights and delivery preferences please follow the instructions in our marketing communications, enquiry forms or write to us at:
Post: Customer First Department, JCB Sales Limited, JCB World Headquarters, Lakeside Works, Rocester, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire ST14 5JP
You can also exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
If you are concerned or have questions about how JCB handles your personal data please contact us and we will do our best to assist you.
Please note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (or any other appropriate supervisory authority), which may be accessed through the following link www.ico.org.uk.